1. Young people who commit serious crimes, such as a rubbery or a violent attack should be punished in the same way as adults. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. Some people believe that parents should take punishments for the crime of their children. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. Some think most crime is the result of circumstances e.g. poverty and other social problems. Others believe that most crime is caused by people who are bad by nature. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
1. Reading story books is better for children than watching television or playing computer games. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. Printed book is not necessary in digital era ， books can stored in electronically ，others believe that printed books will continue to play an important part in our lives. Discuss both views and your opinions.
3.Online shopping is replacing shopping in stores. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
1. Some people think learning history in school is important. Others think learning subjects more relevant to life is important. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
2. Some people say that all young people should be required to stay in full-time education until they are at least 18 years old. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. It is the responsibility of schools to teach good behavior in addition to providing formal education. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
1. Some countries build specialized facilities only for the training for athletes, instead of providing facilities that everyone can use. Do you think this is a positive or negative development?
2. Some people think that sport has an important role in society. Others think it is only a leisure activity for some people. Discuss both views and give your opinions.
3. Many countries spend a lot of money preparing competitors to take part in major sports competitions such as the Olympics, football world cup etc. Some people think that it would be better to spend this money to encourage children to take part in sports at a young age. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
1. Some people say that when dividing how taxes should be spent, the government should prioritize health care. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. Since money for postgraduate research is limited, some people think financial support from the government should be only provided for scientific research rather than the research for less useful subjects. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. Some people believe that governments should make investment in building public libraries in every town, while others think it is a waste of money because we have access to information via Internet. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
1. Machines have replaced physical work in many industries. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
2. Scientific progress has greatly influenced our daily life. Do you think this is a positive or negative development?
3. Some people think the technology makes life complex, so we should make the life simpler without using the technology. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
1. 犯罪的动机（criminal motives ）是多种多样的，可能是为了生存（for survival ），可能是感情冲动（emotional impulse ），还可能是精神疾病 （mental illness ）。针对不同的动机，有不同的预防其发生的方法（crime prevention），如：关注极度贫穷的⼈（extremely poor）的⽣活，给予他们财政支持 （ financial support ） ； 提供免费的心理咨询服务（ free psychological consult ）；将危险的精神疾病患者与普通人隔离（isolate dangerous mental patients）等。
2. 把犯人关进监狱是一种快速且有效的方法（quick-fix method），能够一举实现隔离危险⼈物，惩罚犯人，威慑公众（a deterrent for the public）几个目的，所以把犯人关进监狱是⼈们一直以来的选择，它的存在是有其合理性的（reasonable）。
3.但这不意味着我们不需要改进和创新（advance and promote）, 除了监禁（detention）以外, 我们也必须探索教化犯⼈（educate them）的方法，这样才可以把他们转变成对社会有用的人（valuable members of society），同时通过教化犯人所总结出的经验，也可以用于改造潜在的罪犯，降低犯罪率（reduce the crime rate）, 在长远上来讲是更有利的一种做法（benefit in the long-term）。